Interactive digital narratives in school education
Project Name: INTERACTed: INTERACTIVE DIGITAL NARRATIVES IN SCHOOL EDUCATION
Priority: Innovative practices in a digital era
Project ID: 2021-1-BE02-KA220-SCH-000032473
Duration: From 01-11-2021 to 01-05-2024
Topics: School education and innovation
INTERACTed aims to support primary school educators toward integration of interactive digital narratives (IDN) to develop their students’ socio-emotional intelligence and empathy, enabling them to deliver high quality inclusive digital education. The INTERACTed approach seeks to create tailor-made solutions, by employing a Design-Based Research methodology, that incorporates use of an initial needs assessment and an iterative process alongside the front-line educators. This bottom-up approach refines problems, customises solutions, and all project design principles.
The Square Dot Team (BE)
- Synthesis Center For Research And Education Limited (CY)
- Stimmuli For Social Change (GR)
- Centro Studi Pluriversum Srl (IT)
- Danmar Computers Sp Zoo (PL)
- SkillsUp Training & Research Services (NL)
- Blenders vzw (BE)
- 7o DIMOTIKO SXOLEIO ALEXANDRIAS (GR)
- De Cirkel (NL)
PR1: INTERACTed Professional Development Programme
PR2: INTERACTed Learning Toolkit
PR3: INTERACTed Online Game
PR4: Development of INTERACTed Online Game
PR5: Reflections and Policy recommendations report
There are both short and long-term impact expected from the INTERACTed project. Here is an overview of the expected impact to the target groups:
- Primary School Teachers will be equipped with high quality resources to be successful in the pursuit of inclusive digital education for all.
- Educational Coaches/trainers/leaders will gain insights into the potential of interactive digital narratives for developing socio-emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Primary-aged Students will experience engagement with innovative digital tools.
- Consortium Partners will gain knowledge of new educational methodologies.
- Policy makers and educational authorities will gain improved ways of promoting integration of interactive digital narratives for socio-emotional intelligence and empathy.
The Square Dot Team, as coordinator, is responsible for the overall supervision and management of the project.
The Square Dot Team is leading the following activities:
- PR5 (Reflections and Policy Recommendations Report)
- Impact evaluation surveys throughout the project
- Guidelines for the secondary school teachers to take part in the project (Memorandum of Understanding and Learning Agreement)
- Internal Communication Protocol